DATE AND TIME
Sat 27 January 2018
12:00 – 15:00 GMT
Radiant and Brighter Community Interest Company
The Wise Group Building
72 Charlotte Street
We would like to invite you to join us and invite others in your network for The Bright Futures Women’s Leadership and Enterprise program Launch. This program is funded by Aspiring Communities Fund with Scottish Government and The European Social Fund.
What is it about?
Working with our partners and friends, this program will bring together women into a shared learning environment where their leadership and enterprise skills will be recognised and developed. We know that by taking part, you will not only be inspired but inspire others too!
Who should come?
- Women from BME communities
- Women leaders in Business
- Women who want to develop their leadership and Enterprise skills
- Businesses, friends and partners who would like to share their expertise and take part in a life changing experience.
What will you get out of it?
- Opportunity to showcase and promote your business to a wider market
- Support to develop your business idea
- Inspiration from influential leaders in Scottish Business Sector
- Inspiration and confidence to build a career and/or business you want
- Opportunity to write your business concept with one on one support
- Network with other leaders and business women
- A shared learning experience where you will appreciate your skills and leadership qualities
- Expert training for business start-up
- Inspiration from the journeys/stories of women in the Scottish society
- Learning with and from women’s unique experiences
Childcare and refreshments:
Please note that childcare and food will be provided.
To reserve a place for your child, please email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will send you registration forms. Please note that if you do not reserve and register your child prior to the day of the event, you may not get a place for your child.
When: Wednesday 9 November 0930hrs – 1200hrs
The GoGlasgow Hotel,
517 Paisley Road,
Glasgow G51 1RW
Radiant and Brighter have been working with Marks and Spencer over the past year on a project to help them find hidden talent for their workforce and to help the migrant community integrate into the Scottish economy.
Hear about the initiative from David Bates, Head of Region for Marks & Spencer Scotland Central and West and from participants on how their lives have changed.
Laurie Russell, Chief Executive of the Wise Group will talk about what role others could play in supporting minority ethnic inclusion in the work place.
As an organisation which reaches more than 250 refugees and asylum seekers every year, we are most delighted to invite you to our next event which will take place during the refugee week on 23rd June 2016 from 5pm to 9pm. This event has been organised in line with the refugee week theme this year, ‘welcome’.
Performances will include;
- The fantastic Centrestage Gospel choir singing with our very own Radiant and Brighter family
- A play organised and acted by Refugees and asylum seekers
- The unlikely lads from Centrestage
- African products for sale and much more….
Tickets will be sold at the door at £10 and will include an African hot buffet meal. Bring your friends and family along to a fun packed inspirational event!
We are pleased to announce that we will be having the first of our inspirational events on 18th March 2016. Our inspirational events aim to inspire, educate and change perceptions as well as raise funds for our work. We also aim to bring together people from all walks of life to engage in the current diversity discussion and inclusion of less privileged communities.
The March event like all our inspirational events will have a proverbial theme, “Milk and honey have different colours but they share the same house peacefully”- African proverb. It is intended to get people thinking deeper about diversity and its benefits to communities, organisations and businesses.
We would like to thank Marks and Spencer and The Wise Group who are sponsoring the event. We would also especially like to thank our keynote speakers Lea Gilmore and Laurie Russell Chief Executive of The Wise group. Look out for further updates on this event soon or to find out more, please contact us here
Once again thanks