Workforce Diversification and Career Development
Radiant and Brighter provides support to those seeking work opportunities through work readiness and skills training. Programs brings together groups to master key employability skills and address barriers to career development. Through group work and person centred support focus is placed on the skills, qualifications, talents and passion of program participants. As seen through the successful program hosted with Marks and Spencer “Connecting Talent & Opportunity” the program enables candidates to achieve through tailor-made support.
Connecting Talent and Opportunity in Partnership with Marks and Spencer
This program equips candidates with competencies and skills required for them to be employed. Participants taking part in training delivered by both Radiant and Brighter and Marks and Spencer over a period of 10 weeks. Program candidates are recruited from the Orientation & Integration program and from the community.
In total we have worked with 71 candidates on this program across 10 Marks and Spencer stores since placements started in March 2016. Between 2016-2018, 8 programmes have been completed. All candidates have been migrants and refugees from 18 different countries including; Kenya, Pakistan, Sudan, Nigeria, Gambia and Zimbabwe. Consisting of 33 women and 38 men.
Currently 37 candidates are working in Marks and Spencer and 14 candidates are now working elsewhere. Overall, 72% of the total candidates between 2016 and 2018 are currently employed both in Marks and Spencer and other companies. The other 28% include those who are still in college and/or still accessing further support into their chosen destinations.
Careers in Construction in Partnership with Taylor Wimpey
This program not only bridges the gap between the skills shortage in the construction industry and untapped skills within minority groups but also provides experiential diversity training/awareness for both candidates and employer.
Radiant and Brighter together with Taylor Wimpey provide candidates with employability skills and onsite training for a career in the construction industry. All candidates either have a background in construction from prior learning, work experience from their countries of origin or have a keen interest in the industry. Prior education and experience of candidates include; engineering, architecture, and onsite labourers. By the end of this program candidates have a clear understand of their prospects in the construction industry.
- Lectures 0
- Quizzes 0
- Duration 50 hours
- Skill level All levels
- Language English
- Students 0
- Certificate No
- Assessments Yes